Wednesday, February 7, 2018

America and the Great War

I have to start by saying that I LOVED your posters! You showed great creativity and skill in creating these posters. Good job! I hoped you learned a lot about WWI while working on this creative assignment. Should we do posters again for WWII?

The Great War erupted in 1914 with the assassination of Gavrilo Princip. He and his wife were brutally assassinated creating a chain of events that led to war. During the four years that WWI took place, at least 9 million soldiers died and 7 million civilians died. The United States remained neutral for the first few years of the war but finally joined forces with the Allies in 1917. Our presence in the war turned the tide in fighting and eventually brought about resolution in November of 1918. We will see in the upcoming Units that peace will not last long before another world war erupts. It is back to food rationing for our country, and a chance for you to create an interesting food dish to share.
I can't seem to rotate this picture. Ugh...
 Remember that if you are interested in leading a class discussion on a particular unit, please let me know which one you want to do. It will be worth extra credit!

Homework:
1. Read Unit 21
2. Read American Voices "Destiny of America" by Calvin Coolidge
3. Complete bible assignments
4. Add to your Timeline.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Blog Post

Well this is my last official blog post for this class:( It is a little sad that the year is over. I will miss each one of you so much. I tr...